2 Definitions“Personal Information” means information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person and includes your Information. Information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify a specific user is not personal information.
3 CollectionWe collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- (a) when you provide information directly to Us in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic, via our communication tools or otherwise);
- (b) when you visit and/or use the Website, in which case, We record information sent to Us by your computer, mobile device or other access device; and
- (c) from third parties such as Our related entities, service providers to Us, operators of linked websites, applications and advertising on the Website.
- (a) your name, user ID’s and passwords, phone number, mobile telephone number, email address, physical address and other contact information;
- (b) financial information such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- (c) records and content of communications with Us or any other person including when using Website communication tools;
- (d) personal information based on your activities on the Website;
- (e) personal information you provide to us through any discussions boards, correspondence, member information pages, disputes, or shared by you from other social applications, services or websites;
- (f) to the extent permitted by law, other personal information provided by or obtained from third parties (such as a credit bureau) including navigation and demographic data and credit check information;
- (h) personal information from your interaction with the Website and its content and advertising, including device identifiers, device type, geo-location information, connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Website, mobile network information, time, date, referring URL, the type of operating system and browser, ad data, IP address and standard web log data.
4 How personal information is usedOur principal purpose in collecting, using and storing your personal information is to provide you with access to and use of the Website in a personalised, safe and efficient manner. You consent to us collecting, using, storing and sharing your personal information to:
- (a) operate the Website, generate content and provide customer support and billing services (including updates and improvements);
- (b) provide the services requested by you;
- (c) research, develop and improve Our services;
- (d) to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with Our services;
- (e) to generate statistics in relation to the Website;
- (h) verify information for accuracy or completeness (including by way of verification with third parties);
- (j) contact you at your contact details we have collected, by way of voice call, post, text message or email;
- (k) aggregate and/or make anonymous your personal information, so that it cannot be used, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you;
- (l) collect fees, resolve disputes and to identify, test and resolve problems;
- (m) notify you about the Website and updates to the Website from time to time; or
- (n) supply you with generalised, targeted or personalised marketing, advertising and promotional notices, offers and communications based on your preferences, and measure and improve our marketing, advertising and promotions based on your ad customisation preferences.
4.3 Disclosure to third partiesNotwithstanding section 4.2 above, you agree that we may disclose your personal information to:
- (b) comply with any applicable law, request by a governmental agency or regulatory authority or legally binding court order;
- (c) respond to or resolve claims that a member has violated the rights of others;
- (d) protect a person’s rights, property or safety;
- (e) Our directors, staff, contractors, professional advisers and related entities;
- (f) outsourced service providers who assist Us to provide its services such as information technology providers and marketing advisers (including in relation to fee collection, fraud investigations and Website operations);
- (g) third parties to whom you expressly ask Us to send, or consent to Us sending, your personal information;
- (h) credit agencies (including regarding missed and late payments or other defaults or breaches on your account); or
5 Sharing with other membersIf you register as a Client your user ID will be connected to all of your activities on our Website and:
- (a) the contents of your profile, your user ID and your profile picture (if you upload one) will be shared with other members in our community;
- (b) you may share personal information and other information with other members in our community.
- (c) your user ID will be connected to all your activities,
- (d) If you comment on a Website blog, then those comments and your user ID will be available to visitors to and users of the Website.
- (e) Notices sent to other members of the Our community about suspicious activity and breach of our policies may refer to user IDs and specific items. So if you associate your name with your user ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name may be able to personally identify your activities.
- (f) If you disclose your personal information to third parties (including members of this Website), you will also be subject to the privacy policies of that party. We do not control the use, storage or disclosure of that information by such third parties (nor their privacy policies), who may apply different privacy rules and practices. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose sensitive personal information to third parties.
- (g) You agree to use other Website user’s personal information solely for:
- (i) Our related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
- (ii) using services offered by Us; or
- (iii) other purposes that a user expressly permits.
- (h) If you access the Website from a shared device or a device of a third party (such as in an internet café), your personal information including your User ID, activity or reminders from Us, may also be available to other persons who access that device.
- (b) Cookies may be used to provide you with our range of services including to identify you as a user or member of the Website, remember your preferences, customise and measure the effectiveness of the Website and our promotions, advertising and marketing, analyse your usage of the Website, and for security purposes.
- (d) You also may encounter Cookies used by third parties and placed on certain pages of the Website that we do not control and have not authorised (such as webpages created by another user). We are not responsible nor liable for the use of such Cookies.
7 No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
- (a) You are prohibited from engaging in spam, spyware or spoofing type activities, regardless of whether directed towards Us or other users of Us.
- (c) You are not permitted to add a user or member to your mailing list (postal or email details included) without the written consent of a user or member.
- (e) To report spam, spyware or spoof activities to Us, email us at [email protected]
8 Accessing and amending your personal information
- (a) It is important that you protect your password by using unique letters, numbers and special characters and by not sharing your password with any third party. If you disclose or lose control of your password or your personal information to a third party, you may be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account or with this information including legally binding actions taken on your behalf. If you suspect that your password or account has been compromised, you must immediately notify Us and change your password.
- (b) You can access and amend much of your personal information by logging into your account. It is your responsibility to ensure that such information is accurate and up to date. In most cases, we will not amend your personal information on your behalf for the reason that it will be difficult for Us to confirm your identity.
9 Storage and security
- (a) We store and process your personal information on our host’s servers, currently located in multiply locations around the world. You consent to the transfer, storage and retention of that information onto the servers of our host provider (currently NameCheap) used from time to time by Us, regardless of the location of those servers.
- (b) We have taken steps to protect your personal information by contracting with a third party to provide technical and security measures. These measures are designed to mitigate, but do not guarantee against, the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration.
10 Account Closure
- (a) If you request us to do so, we will as soon as reasonably practicable close your Website account.
11 Information Sharing with Social MediaWe may offer services that allow you to share public aspects of the Website with third party websites such as Google Plus, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and other social media websites.
Email: [email protected]
Address: 6/66 Darley Road
Manly NSW 2095